Sunday, October 8, 2017

And then there was THREE



There is a new herd boss coming to Savoring the Sandhills. Adam and I are expecting. We couldn't be more excited and more terrified all at once. I think that is probably a pretty normal feeling for first time parents right? We shared on Facebook and Instagram last week that we will be welcoming Baby Sawyer in to the world in late April. I'd like to say it really hasn't totally hit us but the morning sickness is something that doesn't let you forget there is a small human grow inside you.

Yesterday marked 11 weeks, so I am sharing a little update on how things are going. Also I am excited to say I have started my pregnancy photo album using the Project Life App from Becky Higgins. 



Bump Up 

I don't know if this is a baby bump or a food bump but I am going with it! 

What fruit are you? Our little nugget is the size of a lime. 


How far along? 11 weeks, 1 day but who's watching her app daily?! ;) 

Due Date? April 30th originally May 2nd after our ultrasound. Sticking with April, it a great month! ;) 

Maternity clothes? No I am still in regular cloths, but if I can manage to stay in leggings and a sweatshirt I am much more comfortable.  

Sleep: I have been able to sleeping threw the night so far, which I am cherishing every minute. I am tired but seem to not be able to go to bet until 9:00 or 9:30 still. 

Best moment this week: Seeing our little nugget for the first time and getting to share our big new with family and friends.

Movement: Of coarse I am not feeling anything but when we had our ultrasound last week our little nugget was moving like crazy. Our ultrasound tech made the comment “oh you have an active little babe” that made me think a) oh I am so having a boy (like father, like son) and b) huhhhh….I wonder if this isn’t contributing to my all day everyday “morning” sickness.

Food cravings: I feel like I have reverted to my childhood. Chicken strips seem to be life these days.

Food Aversions: Lots, too many to even share. I am looking forward to the second trimester arriving soon.    

Pregnancy Symptoms I have:
 All day “morning” sickness. Migraines, spent Thursday of last week getting fluids because of a 2.5 day migraine. The occasional lower back pain, but nothing terrible. Emotions have been on the forefront but I have been doing pretty well. I will admit, moving, waiting for a contractor to finish our house, a change in lifestyle and the first trimester may lead to some tears hear and there. However, I feel all things considered, I am doing pretty well, I thought I would be much more emotional. Maybe its still to come?!

What do you miss: I am not really missing anything as of yet, but I have a feeling sushi will be coming up here pretty soon. 

Weekly Wisdom: Do what you can when you can, things will eventually get done.

Milestones: Being able to finally share with everyone. We have been so excited to share with our extended family and friends. We did share a little early but after hearing a heart beat and seeing our little nugget we couldn’t wait any longer, nor could our parents keep quite much longer! 😊

I guess you could say I have knock another 30 before 30 off the list even if our little cowkid won't be here until after I turn 30. 

P.S. is it just me or is it an awkward stage of knowing what to call a growing baby before you know what it is. LOL! Yes we will be finding out ASAP!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts