Wednesday, July 8, 2015

~THE LAST HOORAY~

 I had my last hooray as Jenessa Monson a couple weekends ago! It was a wonderful weekend celebrating in the Blackhills of South Dakota. I had a friend ride with me from Valentine and she was a Blackhills newbie so I just knew we had to do the Hill City/Mount Rushmore tour! Keep in mind however that we planned this large day trip on our way to Rapid City on Saturday morning.

Saturday we had a big morning of shopping and pedicures, the good news is I have found my new favorite place to get pedis (Rock Star Nails in Rushmore Mall)...and its only 3 hours away from home haha! Saturday afternoon Adam's aunts and cousins put on a wonderful shower, this was located at the Firehouse Winery, great venue, great food, and surround by my soon to be family and a few old friends. Also did I mention how cute the decorations were. Adam's family did such a great job! Nothing can make a girl feel more blessed than that.
Sawyer Family Shower 6/27/2015

Saturday night we were off to see what the big town of Deadwood S.D. had to offer. It was a blast! We started out having a few drinks on the veranda of the historic Franklin Hotel. Then we headed down stairs to have dinner at the Legends Steakhouse. Can I just say not only was it extremely reasonable the food was spot on.  After getting some much needed food we headed down Main Street Deadwood to see just what kind of trouble we could find. I will say we were quite calm, cool, collected and classy compare to many of the bacholorette parties that were out and about. Not sure if we are getting old or maybe we just were never that wild. Hrmmmm! No celebration would be complete without a little karaoke and rounded out the night with a little Blackjack at the Silverado! Such a wonderful night, not to much money was lost ;) and the next morning was great! NO HANGOVER!!!! I would say it was a win win, lots of fun with not hangover, you can't go wrong there.



The weekend was still young for those of us from Valentine. The Montanans had a long drive ahead of them. I felt quite bad! We packed up and hit the road for a great day trip. Stops included Prairie Berry, Naked Winery, Mount Rushmore and then Reptile Garden. The Winery's in Hill City are great! Naked Winery has some of my favorite wines of all time. More on this tomorrow though! Becky had never gone to Mount Rushmore, kinda crazy considering we only live about 4 hours from such a historic site. As we pulled back in to Rapid City we stopped at  Reptile Gardens which is seriously awesome for any age!



I can't lie it was a long 3 hour drive home, but it was so worth it! I have many great memories from my last Hooray that will last a life time. A huge thanks to the all the women who made it so special!




BLACKHILLS MUSTS

EAT
Legends Steakhouse. 
order: steakhouse chopped salad and potato au gratin

DRINK
Naked Winery
23851 Hwy 385. Hill City, SD 57745

BE MARRY
Main Street Deadwood

SLEEP
Silverado-Franklin Historic Hotel & Gaming Complex
709 Main Street,Deadwood, SD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts