Wednesday, March 18, 2015

~HAPPY NATIONAL AG DAY~

    Animated gif button

This morning when you woke up did you think about the blood and sweat that went in to your bagel with cream cheese? Did you think about how on a day that it was below zero there was a rancher out feeding his cows to ensure you had corn beef on St. Patrick's day? I realize you probably didn't, and that's okay because lets be honest I didn't think about that this morning either. However this morning I did think about how it was a beautiful day, and how a part of me is sad it wasn't raining or snowing, its dry here and that could potentially affect cattle numbers in the coming months. I also thought about my 75 and 76 year old grandparents that have been calving for 50 days and still have a good 30 days left. I thought about all my fellow bloggers that are farmers and how they themselves and their husbands are gearing up to spend 15 and 16 hour days in tractors planting crops. This is agriculture, this is my foundation, and the only way I want to raise my future children...in Agriculture.

 Today is National Ag Day! It is a day to recognize the millions that wake up at 4 am and don't go to bed until the sun has long been down, those that sell wholesale, buy retail and pay fright both ways according to JFK, and those whose life depends greatly on the weather.   While I love a day set aside to thank farmers and ranchers it is so important to have gratitude all year long for those people ensure that we all have a safe and abundant food supply. WE ARE BLESSED in the United States to have  24 million people working to put food on our tables. Here are just a few things to think about next time you sit down to eat your favorite meal.


 






Signature

3 comments:

  1. I want to start off by thanking you and your family for all your hard work! Farming is not easy and I appreciate all the hard work they do to provide for us to eat! I always wanted to be raised on a farm growing up! I bet you have learned so much from farming! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy AG Day!!! Farming is tough. It's pretty amazing that you do all this.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts