Saturday, July 9, 2016

THIS IS MY SEASON

I recently started listening to podcasts when I work and go on walks. My favorite is The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey. According to the website...

The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey is a podcast that women love. It’s hosted by Jamie Ivey and each week she invites a girlfriend to join her and they chat about the big things in life, the little things in life, and everything in between. Topics include marriage, faith, children, parenting, sorrow, grief, joy, justice, books, what they are loving, plus so much more."
Jamie talks a lot about being in seasons. When she talks about seasons she is usually referring to a parenting season whether it is the exhausting toddler season or the season of learning to navigate teenagers. While I am not in a parenting season, I am in a season of my very own. This...this is my season.

 I am in the season of a deep desire to become a Godly woman. I have always been a Christian but the last year I crave to know God on a much deeper level. I really struggle with reading his word and comprehending what it means sometimes. However I have found many resources to help me understand what it take to be a Godly women. Praise the LORD for putting the desire to share on the hearts of some of the most amazing women in the world. Lysa TerKeurst, Lara Casey, the Ministries of Proverb 31 and  Beautifully Designed. I am still learning each and everyday but the last year the Holy Spirt has really been working on me to seek him. It is really a humbling and peaceful season.

I am in the season on navigating being a newlywed. This season is so wonderful yet there are days that are so trying. I wish on my wedding day someone would have said throw out any expectations of what marriage is like. There is not a book,  a show or a person that could truly prepare you for the complexity of marriage. Daily I am reminded that I cannot be selfish and I know keeping God as the center of my marriage is getting me through this season.

I am also in a season of patience I am learning to admire the pink, purple and gray sponged walls of my current home. We rent, not because we want to be. You see in rural Nebraska the real estate market is...I don't even have a word for it. So in this season of waiting patiently, I will enjoy my time of minimal maintenance, a small yard and living a block from the store and the fine eating establishments our little town has to offer.

Another season I am currently in is being an online Weight Watchers member. The stressors of picking up my life and moving 550 miles for love took a great toll on my health and fitness. A toll of 50 pounds. It is the realities of life. I finally decided to take control and you know what I have lost 8 pounds in my first 3 weeks.  I am looking forward to this season being different and rather then dieting here and there making this season a complete lifetime lifestyle change.

I guess you could say the main season I am in is one of growth. Growing in to a Godly women, growing in my marriage, growing in those areas I need to work on, patience, health, creativity and communication. I am enjoying this season, it makes me feel empowered because I can see I am changing and becoming the women God is wanting me to be. That is exciting. Everyone is in a season and those seasons look different for everyone. Have you stopped to think about what season you are in? I would love to hear about it! Be sure to share in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts