Sunday, March 18, 2018

Village Required

In the last few weeks, I have learned that it really does take a village to raise a child.

While Baby Sawyer is not safe and sound on the ground yet (my husband's words, not mine, the joys of having a ranching husband) I have learned my first parenting lesson. You really can't do it on your own. 

A few weeks back my sweet friend Andy offered her handy husband to put together Baby Sawyers crib, rocker and get his dresser moved from upstairs down to the nursery. I mean it really is going above and beyond to drive an hour to help a friend set up her nursery, but man will I forever be thankful. I don't know whose idea it was to be super pregnant during our busiest time of year, but a little bit better planning might have been helpful. 

Then Andy and my other dear Nebraska friend Becky offered to throw a baby shower to spoil our little cowboy. This weekend that is exactly what happened, he was so very spoiled. Books, cowboy boots wranglers and so much more. 

To top off a weekend that was already set to be wonderful my momma, sister and niece showed up as a surprise Thursday at 3:00 pm. They showered not only Baby Sawyer with gifts, but spoiled me as well. They sorted, washed and put away baby essentials for 2 days, my mom cleaned my bathrooms, vacuumed my floors, and did dishes. We organized, watched movies and spent some much needed time together. I can't lie I have never been so relieved to see them! Growing a baby is so very exhausting, add a crazy busy job and a crazy busy husband for the matter and you hit do what you gotta do to survive but take a few naps in between. 

Ya'll because of our village I feel like we can now bring this sweet baby home! 42 days to go! Adam and I couldn't have gotten it all done on our own and you know what that is okay because nobody really gets its done on their own! Parenting lesson one ✔!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts